Went to Fabricland last night, and hit the jackpot! I found some very nice textured earth-tone fabrics for the Tedros' costumes. Several things came from the upholstery department - like the reddish-brown with a diamond pattern, and the mossy-green brocade for the over-sleeves. The brown brocade for the tunics came from an old vest I picked apart. It's interesting how there's pinks -and maybe even purple - in the brown brocade in the photo, but in real life neither of those colours stand out - it's a much darker, more even brown.
The solid dark brown and "army green" were very expensive, but I didn't have any choice, as they were the only fabrics close to the colours I wanted and had a good drape. Oh well, I did save some on the other fabrics, which were on sale - including the same pale green crinkle gauze I'd used up for the shirts.
I'm way behind where I thought I'd be with the shirts (the one above belongs to my Tedros), but that's because of all the time I took to draw up patterns yesterday, and this morning I had to quickly make another sundress for my little Iplehouse girls, because just two of them have one, and the third girl needs one too for some of the photos I'm planning, and the sundresses for Cinnamon and Tillie are way too small, so she can't borrow one of theirs.