I'm working on remaking the last of the saved dresses I made for my daughter many years ago. This one is a lovely drop-waisted dress with double ruffled skirt with floral border prints, which she wore when she was a little older, so there's enough fabric to make two dresses - one for Hope, and one for Nelly. I cut apart the entire dress - which was a bit harder from a sentimental standpoint that the last two. I don't know why. The lace on the collar is way too big to reuse, and the embroidery on the collar is just a bit too big for Hope's collar, although it may work for Nelly. I'm disappointed as I really had wanted to use the original, but I had this same issue with the yellow chickie dress for Nelly when I really wanted to use the cross-stitched chickies from the original bodice on the doll bodice, but it was just too big. The reality is that little girls are a lot bigger than dolls, and there's nothing to be done about it. So, I'm trying to "shrink & copy", and started by roughly drawing the design onto the collar with coloured pencils the same colours as the flowers and vines - that way the lines won't show through the embroidery.