Well, I unintentionally ended up restringing my first doll today! I wanted to switch Elin and Byuri's heads and bodies so Byuri could have the mobility joint. I first thought I could just switch their face-plates, but they didn't fit properly on the other's head base and just fell off. So, the next step was to switch the entire head, which is simple enough on most ball-jointed dolls. So I took the pliers and pulled on the S-hook, lifting and turning it to fit through the neck hole - then let go. Suddenly the whole doll lay in pieces on the floor! That was a surprise since most S-hooks don't fit down into the body, but stay up on top of the neck, and the whole body stays together even with the head removed. Now, if this had happened to me a year ago, I would have panicked, but I've watched Charie take apart enough of my dolls recently to understand how my BIDs are held together. So, after a bit of trial and error, and tying ribbon loops onto the S-hooks to get a better grip, I managed to put both dolls back together again - on each other's bodies.